Given the infectious nature of COVID-19, people encountering with the infected must constantly keep themselves safe. While this can be done by maintaining social distancing, the front-line workers who tend to be in close contact with the infected have to take extra precautions.
Hence, to keep them safe, WHO recommends use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), which comprises masks, face shields, suits and rubber boots. With the number of increasing cases and short lifespan of the PPE kits (given the infectious nature of the disease), our country is facing a shortage of these protective equipment. It has been highlighted a lot of times in media too.
Doctors and Medical professionals have refused to treat patients due to unavailability of protective gear. Pertaining to this issue, REDX WeSchool has launched makeshift face shields. These face shields add an extra layer of protection and improves the lifespan of masks and goggles. It can be used by nurses, police officials and people who work at the frontline but do not come in direct contact or have little contact with the infected.
- A one piece face shield which is easy to assemble and mass produce.
- Made out of PET/PETG material and can be laser cut or die cut thus increasing the production rate.
- Lightweight and easy to use.
- Adjustable for multiple head sizes.
- The design can be nested for optimum use of PET sheets during manufacturing thereby increasing efficiency and reducing waste of resources.