Dermoscopy helps physicians in improving their diagnostic accuracy by 10-27% compared to diagnosis by the naked eye. In many cases, it reduces the need for doing an invasive procedure like biopsy.
Smartphone dermoscopy combines the existing features of a smartphone with dermoscopic add-ons. The available smartphone attachments are expensive and limited to specific smartphones.
Our clip-on is a novel, 3D printed smartphone clip-on that enables dermoscopy on any smartphone at an affordable price.
- Provides 10X magnification with cross-polarization
- Image quality comparable with that of standard dermoscope
- Light-weight, modular and compatible with most smartphones
- Image and video recording for skin conditions
- Organized storage of annotated data
- Encrypted patient data for security
- Ease of use
Anshuman Das | Optics lead + Mentor
Postdoctoral Associate at Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Akshat Wahi | Hardware Specialist
Research Engineer, REDX WeSchool (Alumni), Mumbai
Aparajita Sahoo | Hardware Specialist
Senior Research Engineer, REDX WeSchool (Alumni), Mumbai
Sonali Patel | Product Designer
REDX WeSchool (Alumni), Mumbai